Pictured above is my IBM Model N2 keyboard, mere moments after getting disassembled in a rather unprofessional manner. It had been acting up, so I figured that I’d take it apart and try to fix it. I should have looked for some instructions first.
The small SMD electrolytic caps had gone bad. The 2.2µF unit got replaced by a 4.7µF one without any obvious problems arising from it. I added some “China goo” to keep them in place afterwards.
I’m leaving that for the future, though. When the spring is place, it triggers all the time. It sort of works without the spring, so I’ll fix it when I’ve got the patience.